Your first visit to Somerset Dermatology Institute involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more.
There's also background information about our committed staff and our first visit procedures. You can also save some time by printing out and completing the patient forms in advance of your appointment.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in dermatology.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, profession and community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
Click here to download it.
Map and Directions
Accepted Insurances Include:
Medicare, United Health Care, Cofinity, Aetna, Beaumont Employee Health Plan, Priority Health, DMC Care, Humana, Cigna and Hap PPO & some HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield - PPO, Messa, Community Blue, My Child PPO, POS, Blue Care Network, Blue Care Network Advantage, and Medicare Plus Blue.
All HMO's REQUIRE a referral from your Primary Care Doctor.
Please call 734-462-9499 for more information or if your insurance is not listed.
We provide insurance billing but we encourage all patients to confirm their coverage prior to making an appointment. Co-Payments are due at the time of the appointment. If the insurance company does not pay the full balance, denies the claim, or if the patient still has a deductible, then any unpaid balance that is due will be the patient responsibility.
- William Beaumont Hospital of Royal Oak
- St. Mary Mercy Hosptial of Livonia
- Detroit Medical Center / Harper Hutzel Hospital
We realize that our patients' time is valuable, and we make every effort to see patients at their scheduled time. We ask that patients provide as much advanced notice as possible when running late for an appointment or when needing to cancel. With this advance notice, the time can be scheduled for another patient.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
First time patients should plan to arrive early in order to complete a patient registration form. Please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Your picture ID
- Your Insurance Card(s)
- Referral Forms (if required)
- LIst of all prescription and over-the-counter medications that you are currently taking.
- Required Co-Payment
- Pertinent Medical and Surgical History Information
- Any Recent Laboratory or X-Ray Reports